Tuesday, February 11, 2014

ENGLISH EXAM PREPARATION


EXAM REVIEW



1. Prepositions
El maletín está encima de la silla. - The briefcase is on the chair
Los pañuelos están debajo de la mesa. - The tissues are under the table
Las gafas están dentro del maletín. - the glasses are in the briefcase
Los lapiceros están al lado del ordenador. - The pencils are next to the computer
Los libros están detrás de la puerta. - The books are behind the door
El billetero está dentro del coche. - The wallet is in the car
El cepillo está sobre la mesa. - The brush is on the table

2. Questions-Preguntas
like/vegetables - Do you like vegetables?
love/football -Do you love football?
hate/fish- Do you hate fish?
eat/eggs -Do you eat eggs?
drink/red wine - Do you drink red wine?
read/novels -Do you read novels?
do/karate - Do yo do karate?
play/tennis - Do you play tennis?
go/swimming - Do you go swimming?
play/video-games -Do you play video-games?
eat/carrots -Do you eat carrots? 
read/newspapers - Do you read newspapers?
do/homework -Do you do homework?
study/English -Do you study English?

3. What time is it? -Escribe la hora.
8.45 - It´s quarter to eight
9.30 -It´s half past nine
10.40 -It´s twenty to eleven
7.55 - It´s five to eight
6.50 - It´s ten to seven
5.35 - It´s twenty-five to six
4.25 - It´s twenty-five past four
12.50 - It´s ten to one
11.55 - It´s five to twelve
10.45 - It´s quarter to eleven
12.10 -It´s ten past twelve
13.20 - It´s twenty past one

4. Translate
Me levanto a las 9 de la mañana - I wake up/ get up at 9 o´clock in the morning
Desayuno a las 10 y media - I have breakfast at half-past ten
Empiezo a trabajar a las 11 y cuarto - I start work at quarter past eleven
Termino de trabajar a las 3 de la tarde -I finish work at three o´clock in the afternoon
Como a las 4 de la tarde - I have lunch at four o´clock in the afternoon
Hago los deberes a las 6 de la tarde - I do my homework at six in the afternoon
Veo la tele a las 9 de la noche - I watch TV at 9 o´clock in the evening

5. Ask the time- pregunta la hora
you /wake up -What time do you wake up?
we /have lunch - What time do we have lunch?
you/ have dinner - What time do you have dinner?
you /have breakfast - What time do you have breakfast?
They/ have a shower - What time do you have a shower?
You /have a bath - What time do you have a bath?
We/go to work - What time do you go to work?
They /start work - What time do you start work?
You/finish work - What time do you finish work?
They /do aerobics - What time do they do aerobics?
You / go to bed - What time do you go to bed?
You / do your homework - What time do you do your homework?

6. Traduce:

Como muchas verduras - I eat a lot of vegetables
Bebo mucha agua - I drink a lot of water
Bebo un poco de cerveza - I drink a little of beer
Bebo mucho vino blanco - I drink a lot of white wine
No bebo mucha cerveza - I don´t drink a lot of beer
No bebo mucho vino tinto - I don´t drink a lot of red wine
Como mucho pescado - I eat a lot of fish
No como mucha carne - I don´t eat a lot of meat
No me gusta el futbol - I don´t like football
No me gustan las naranjas - I don´t like oranges
No odio la verdura pero prefiero la carne - I hate vegetables but I prefer meat
Me encanta la mantequilla pero prefiero la mermelada - I love butter but I prefer jam
No me gustan los huevos - I don´t like eggs
No odio la cebolla pero prefiero las aceitunas - I don´t hate onions but I prefer olives
Como unas pocas peras - I eat a few pears

7. Plurals
woman - women
man - men
child - children
brush -brushes
fox - foxes
computer - computers
chair - chairs
table - tables
fax - faxes
class - classes
boss - bosses
mass - masses
pencil - pencils
rubber - rubbers

No comments:

Post a Comment